Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Focused Reading



Since the purpose of this blog is to chart our own research process, I thought I would upload the four pages of notes detailing keywords, descriptions and quotes I found interesting while reading The Factory Girl for the first time. I apologize for my sloppy handwriting, and have to mention there are probably misspellings all over the place, but this is what my research looks like. I still haven’t scanned my copy of The Factory Girl into PDF files, so I couldn’t just scribble in the margins of the text like I normally would, which was slightly frustrating.

You’ll notice I didn’t really detail the plot in my notes, with the exception of when Mary loses and then regains her cottage and land. The story is actually very simplistic in terms of plot, so I’m not too worried about this aspect. Later on, I’ll create a plot timeline of sorts for myself. I also didn’t write down major themes, such as industrial workers, class issues, religion, Sunday school/education, etc. I still have more detailed notes that I need to take, but I thought I’d post what I have so far.

These images are also available at my photobucket page: Conduct Yourself.



Page 1:



Page 2:




Page 3:




Page 4:



No comments:

Post a Comment