Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Preliminary Bibliography, Part 2



I have found four more books that I think I can use for my research project. I am still trying to track down the chapter "The Feminization of American Religion, 1800-1860" from Barbara Welter’s book Dimity Convictions because it has already been checked out at the UCF Library. If no one from class has it checked out, then hopefully I’ll be able to request an interlibrary loan of that chapter since it isn’t due back until August of 2009 and our class ends in May!

Aresty, Esther B. The Best Behavior: the course of good manners – from antiquity to the present – as seen through courtesy and etiquette books. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1970.

Fetterley, Judith. “Introduction.” Provisions: a reader from 19th-Century American women. Ed. Judith Fetterley. Bloomington: Indiana UP, 1985. 1-40.

Martin, Judith. Miss Manners’ Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior, freshly updated. New York: Norton, 2005.

Tompkins, Jane. Sensational Designs: the cultural work of American fiction 1790-1860. New York: Oxford UP, 1985.

I also finally remembered to email Amanda from TCU about The Factory Girl (Hi Amanda!), so I can’t wait to see what she is working on and what sources she can recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment