Friday, February 13, 2009

Tangent #1



I was checking one of my favorite sites today, Tomato Nation, and had to laugh when I read Sarah D. Bunting's take on "the Oxford comma." If that little tidbit didn't satisfy your thirst for grammar related issues, then you can chime in on the debate over whether to use a single or double space after the period. Personally, I am a fan of the double space (which I'm pretty sure Blogger takes out, but don't quote me on that). I was taught in typing class that we had to use a double space - I did not know that some people had reverted back to the single space. Ahhh...the politics of grammar!

Her article titled "Sincerely Your's" is fun for literary geeks too. Lastly, my favorite piece by Sarah is "Yes, You Are" in which she tackles the label of feminist. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment